Organization: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.
Location: Arcadia, WI
Department: International Supply Chain Planning
Global Supply Chain Manager
We are looking for a brilliant and passionate Global Supply Chain Manager to set strategy and lead our rapidly growing supply chain team. The Global Supply Chain Manager plays a vital role in leading, guiding and partnering with Directors, VPs, and other key operational experts across the company to set the strategic direction for selected areas of planning, sourcing, and inventory management, resulting in a fast-paced, lean supply chain. The Manager has accountability for mentoring teams to execute sourcing and supplier management strategies to minimize cost and risk while optimizing inventory levels at all locations around the globe, ensuring customers have access to the product they need, when they need it. This role will frequently coach senior supply chain leadership to translate the end-to-end supply chain strategy into functional operating initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Economics, Analytics, or related field
- 5+ years of Supply Chain Planning experience required;
- 2+ years of people management experience required;
- Strong experience in relationship management with both domestic and international suppliers
- Experience utilizing ERP systems
- Project management experience leading cross-functional supply chain projects
- Proficiency in Excel (Advanced Formulas, Pivot Tables, Charts)
- Experience with Business Analytic tools (Power BI, Tableau, SAP)
What Will You Do?
- Manage a team of supply planners to execute sourcing and supplier management strategies to minimize cost and risk while optimizing inventory levels at all locations around the globe
- Develop and manage Supply Chain Planning procedures and standards to reach organizational short, intermediate and long-term goals
- Manage and oversee the execution of replenishment of finished goods and component materials from suppliers, manufacturing facilities and distribution centers based on the requirements of the organization
- Communicate with internal and external management regarding the status of orders; provide direction for expediting orders when necessary and ensure proper inventory levels are available on a timely basis
- Provide weekly updates to Senior leadership regarding suppliers, manufacturing facilities, distribution centers and capacity issues that affect product availability, project completion and/or problem resolution by communicating the issues with all affected departments and personnel
- Continually drive departmental goals by analyzing daily, weekly and monthly reports to monitor and manage departmental processes to help ensure process guidelines are followed, customers’ needs are met and/or issue resolution is timely
- Develop strategies for achieving targeted measures; make decisions and solve problems by analyzing information and evaluating results to optimize customer service and satisfaction
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals.