The Inventory Controller controls processes in the Ashley Furniture HomeStore warehouse and provides timely and accurate variance reporting and discrepancy resolution. This position will identify areas for improvement in related organizational or individual processes and recommends strategies to improve inventory accuracy. The Inventory Controller is responsible for investigating and resolving issues to merchandise location discrepancies discovered during daily merchandise picking process, and update the inventory management system as necessary. This position will track and monitor inventory variances and trends and communicate accuracy rates to management. The Inventory Controller is accountable for coordinating and performing daily cycle counting, including reconciliation and validation of inventory adjustments in the inventory management system.
- Monitors daily merchandise picking processes. Investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies identified during picking process, update inventory records in warehouse management system as appropriate. Track daily inventory variance issues identified in the pricking process and continually analyze inventory integrity measures to identify areas for organizational or individual performance improvements.
- Perform daily cycle counting; conduct merchandise item counting and enter actual item counts into warehouse management system. Resolve inventory discrepancies in the warehouse management system.
- Comply with the warehouse safety and security policies and procedures. Ensure warehouse is orderly and secure to prevent damage to product, equipment or facilities.
- Comply with standard operating procedures for handling and salvaging products.
- Develop and maintain expertise in computer applications and associated processes used in inventory control.
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts. Monitor and report quality and performance measurements. Analyze performance data and recommend strategies for performance improvement. Establish performance goals and implement strategies for achievement.
- Demonstrates the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.