Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution excite you?
Do you want to bring that excitement and your knowledge to a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our IT team at Ashley Furniture -- the World's Largest Furniture Manufacturer.
Lead the team that will build the next generation of data platforms with cutting edge tech and data-driven business strategy.
IT Service Desk Manager
What Will You Do?
The IT Service Desk Manager is responsible for managing daily operations of the service desk, managing the service desk team, representing the team to other stakeholders, and helping to ensure that the service desk is constantly developing and improving. The IT Service Desk Manager will work closely with IT Leadership and Functional Management in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions. In addition to general management activities, the IT Service Desk manager is also the leader of a critical IT service-management function that processes a large volume of service requests each day. The service desk manager is responsible for smooth operations, that SLAs are being fulfilled and service-desk clients are happy with the support they are receiving. They are is actively involved in the day-to-day activities of his or her team, with a direct accountability for service desk performance. This position will also work with other business units and leadership to ensure the IT Service Desk is meeting the needs of the overall organization, developing new processes and procedures to meet the changing demands of the team
- Plan, direct and assure the timely completion of the work at the required level of quality to meet the long and short-term needs of the organization. Create and communicate a clear definition and understanding of the work requirements and goals as well as any constraints in terms of time, policy, cost or quality. Analyze problems, formulate solutions and alternatives, decide on the solution and identify the work task that must be completed to achieve the expected results. Assign the tasks to group members, arrange for assistance required from other IT/business groups and formulate a project plan to achieve the goals. Monitor, coordinate, assist and perform tasks as required to assure the necessary level of quality, cost, security and performance of the work. Follow, promote and improve departmental and company procedures, methods and process.
- Maintain and operate applications and/or infrastructure devices. Oversee the testing of computer production operational routines, procedures, methods, processes and documentation. Communicate and train others in operational routine procedures, methods and processes. Ensure quality of services by establishing and enforcing organizational standards. Work with systems’ users and the IT organization to resolve issues and restore the system to proper working order in an efficient and timely manner that minimizes the adverse effects of the failure as business demands.
- Manage the business use of applications throughout the platform lifecycle, providing direction and coordination for enhancements.
- Protect the Company’s IT resources through strict adherence to company security processes and policies; train, communicate and enforce company security processes and policies; improve and develop Company security processes and policies; lead company disaster recovery team.
- Proactively improve business processes and growth through technology enablement. Leverage other industry standards, boards, councils and/or teams for establishing common practices/processes and institution of these enterprise-wide. Work with other IT teams to define and agree on integration needs between processes.
- Assist business stakeholders in developing merit and business case documents that match the business goals and follow our financial approval process. Take complex business challenges and break them into iterative value delivery scenarios in collaboration with business stakeholders.
- Accountable for the delivery of IT projects and programs. Performance metrics include actual to budget for time and money as well as delivering a quality product or service to achieve targeted business benefits. Specific responsibilities include: requirements gathering, driving the alignment of strategic stakeholder objectives with IT solutions.
- Execute communication strategy and standardized reporting processes and tools. Regularly update the organization, steering committees, senior business and IT management, and project managers on process optimization efforts, project statuses and decisions.
- Understand geographic and functional business plans to manage IT plans and projects, through implementation, enabling the business plans within a global function.
- Research and report on the practical application of new technologies appropriate to the area of responsibility. Evaluate vendor proposals and make recommendations for computer equipment and software. Coordinate the acquisition of hardware and/or software with the Director or VP of Information Technology.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
What Do You Need?
- 4 or more years Supervisory/Management experience
- 4 or more years IT Service Desk or similar role experience
- Experience supporting a multiple industry segments (Manufacturing, Procurement, Retail, Financial, etc)
- Experience with Incident and Major Incident Management processes
- ITIL V3 or V4 Foundations Certification recommended Strong Knowledge of discovery and service mapping technology
- Strong Knowledge of ITIL Processes and standards
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Document management system
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Bachelor Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science and/or Engineering Required
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.