The Training & Development Project Manager will formalize, plan and execute program-level training development projects. This includes coordinating and assigning cross-functional resources to conduct needs assessments, create deliverables, implement and evaluate the training program while meeting strict deadlines and budget. The Training & Development Project Manager will assist the leadership team in establishing the strategy and direction of projects.
This position will work with with stakeholders to identify learning needs; develop a project plan; identify and assign resources, and enable cross-functional collaboration among subject matter experts, instructional designers/developers and LMS (Learning Management System) Administrator.
This position will organize and direct the tasks and resources needed to ensure that training program’s design, development and execution effectively meet the business performance need. This position works across all necessary business functions to support business initiatives and achieve training goals.
- Manage complex training development projects. Lead, coordinate, schedule, develop agendas, record project notes and progress and perform other necessary functions relative to pertinent projects.
- Evaluate proposed training solutions, probe options and make recommendations. Ensure the design and implementation of proposed programs, courses, or deliverables leads to the development and growth of the business through effective use of learning technology and staff.
- Responsible for “end-to-end” management of multiple medium to large sized, moderate to highly complex training development projects. Plan, execute and finalize projects on time and on budget.
- Effectively communicate project expectations, issues, risks and decisions to project team, business stakeholders and Talent Management leaders.
- Analyze project risks, issues, costs and benefits to make relevant recommendations; propose evolutions and changes where needed.
- Ensure change management procedures and documentation practices are upheld.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and Talent Management/Training & Development to gather requirements and deliver value and Return on Investment (ROI) of training programs.
- Evaluate and measure results against program or project goals. Work with team to recommend and implement revisions.
- May make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- May coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- May manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- May audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- May communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- May manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.