The Product Manager (Retail Store Systems) drives the overall vision, coordination, implementation, execution, and completion of a new system for Ashley Retail, ensuring consistency with business strategy, commitments and goals. This position will develop system requirements with key stakeholders and manage the phased launch of a new system for our retail stores, requiring a strong understanding of customer data and effective master data management practices, as well as integration with existing Ashley Systems. As part of a retail transformation team, this role will work on implementing and deploying sales and telephony platforms, among other operations and marketing technologies to continue the transformation and improvement of our retail sales and multi-channel marketing operations. The Product Manager will apply out of the box thinking and resources while creating ideation around agile innovation. This position will provide support to innovation projects through multiple phases of research, ideation, concept development and execution. As a key member of Retail Operations Team this position will work in concert with cross-functional teams to identify, evaluate, develop and implement innovation initiatives to generate organic growth and enhance internal and external customer experience in the Company’s retail environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Technology or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 years’ experience in Product or Project Management, in either retail and/or technology. Technical product launch experience.
- Strong personal organizational and time management skills with very high attention to detail
- Ability to produce timely deliverables and manage multiple and shifting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong storytelling ability and presentation / selling skills
- Proficiency with project management software tools, MS Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills
- Strong project management skills
- Manage the product lifecycle of new features from planning to completion by working closely with the business, technology, development and vendor teams to understand existing and new systems landscape and determine technical feasibility prior gathering requirements and escalating for development.
- Gather and manage detailed business, functional and technical requirements; collaborate with business stakeholders, and applicable technical staff to identify feature details and administer them in the scrum product backlog.
- Make functional and technical design recommendations based upon understanding of technical feasibility as well as business, functional and technical requirements. Create agile user stories and use cases. Create functional specification documents and ensure specifications are aligned with business goals.
- Design, manage and execute a process to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. Develop project plans, agile business requirement documentation, time and action calendars, etc. Share project process with appropriate stakeholders. Provide visibility to the project and business teams on any functionality-related changes or issues.
- Negotiate with appropriate parties on features and functionalities to be included in each release.
- Identify functional risks, gaps and conflicts in requirements and drive toward a solution.
- Surface technical and scope trade-offs required to allow business team to make informed decisions
What We Offer:
- Excellent Healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Profit sharing eligibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- Great opportunities for career growth
- Flexible Spending Account
- Corporate partnership - Discount programs
- Furniture Discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.