This job posting is no longer active.
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
Assistant Category Manager
What Will You Do?
The Assistant Category Manager is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day management of a product category regarding assortment wedge, product details, pricing, etc. The Assistant Category Manager is also responsible for maximizing category sales and profitability by combining omni-channel merchandising and promotional strategy. This position closely collaborates with a variety of teams to assist in communicating and executing long-term and seasonal merchandising strategies as well as assisting in the alignment between online and brick-and-mortar stores.
- Assist in driving category sales and profitability through the development and execution of strategic pricing and promotional plans across multiple channels.
- Accurately enter product data into all site merchandising systems
- Perform market analysis and competitive shop; analyze sales trends to keep abreast of current trends.
- Leverage competitive research and traffic patterns to draw conclusions and make recommendations regarding products and categories.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and leadership to communicate and execute both long-term and seasonal merchandising strategies.
- Ensure an omni channel focus and execution between digital and brick-and-mortar spaces.
- Assist in developing the seasonal product mix by channel, prepare category assortment overview by pricing level, sub category mix and SKU counts.
- Assist in the preparation for markets and the set-up and presentation of the showroom.
- Visit stores and contact field management to gather information on customer feedback and product issues.
- Analyze reports, draw conclusions and implement improvement strategies regarding products and categories.
- Mentor new team members during onboarding and new hire training.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- 2 years’ experience in traditional retail buying or related area, Required
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Merchandising, Retailing or related degree or equivalent work experience, Required
- Familiarity with merchandising, pricing and assortment planning
- Proficiency in retail math and system analysis
- Strong project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written communication, interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel, internet
- Strong skills in agility, along with the ability to pivot easily when directions and priorities changes on short notice
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
- Occasional Domestic Travel and Opportunity for International Travel
- Flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary.
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.