Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our IT team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our IT team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
Senior IT Project Manager – Ecommerce Systems
What Will You Do?
The Senior IT Project Manager will assist the leadership team in establishing the strategy and direction of large enterprise level initiatives. This includes organizing governance around the communication and escalation plans, change management, and risk evaluation and mitigation.
The Senior IT Project Manager will formalize, plan and execute large initiatives according to business objectives while meeting strict deadlines and budgets. This includes leading documentation, requirements and standards using project management methodologies and best practices. They will be responsible for coordinating and assigning resources, including third-party contractors or consultants, and cross-portfolio interdependencies to meet project objectives.
This person will mentor and provide guidance to other project managers as needed.
- Assist in the development and training of corporate project management standards and processes.
- Utilize Project Management methodology and standards in accordance to corporate standards across the department and ensure alignment with business directives and initiatives.
- Coordinate internal resources and third-party vendors for the flawless execution of project.
- Evaluate proposed solutions, probe options and make recommendations. Ensure the design and integration of proposed systems, software, and hardware solutions leads to the development and growth of the business through effective use of technology.
- Ensure change management procedures and documentation practices are upheld.
- Analyze project risks, issues, costs, and benefits to make relevant recommendations; propose evolutions and changes where needed.
- Responsible for “end-to-end” management of multiple medium to large sized, moderate to highly complex IT projects. Plan, execute and finalize projects on time and on budget, following appropriate
- Software Development Life Cycle standards and delivering specific, measurable results to business partners.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Manage project components including financial management, quality management, control management, resource management and business continuity management.
- Effectively communicate project expectations, issues, risks and decisions to project team, business stakeholders and IT.
- Ensure smooth transition of projects into operational environment for continued serviceability.
- Measure success factors to ensure project objectives and deliverables were met.
- Enable cross-functional collaboration between the business and IT. Work with business partners to gather requirements and deliver value and Return on Investment (ROI) of projects.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- 7 years of project management, Required
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related field, or equivalent experience
- PMP and/or PMI-ACP, preferred
- Use and implementation with Agile or Waterfall Project Management experience required.
- Experience in large, complex enterprise environments
- Experience in project management in the IT sector
- Ability to communicate effectively to leadership
- Experience managing geographically dispersed teams and external partners
- Solid organizational skills including strong attention to detail
- Project Budgeting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience with a document management system
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.