Are you a customer centric individual looking for a growth-focused company?
Do you have a passion and drive to continuously improve processes, procedures, and employees in order to meet operational excellence?
Do you want to take that passion and work for a World-Class organization?
Then apply today to Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer and the number one retailer of furniture and bedding in the United States!
Since 1945, our teamwork, systems and desire to continuously improve demonstrates a company whose passion is put into every action.
Director - Product Content Services & Syndication
What Will You Do?
The Director of Product Content Services is the owner of product content, including attributes, hierarchies, copy requests, image assignments, metadata and associations of saleable products of any vendor. This position develops, implements and oversees processes and procedures to ensure the accurate and timely handling of all wholesale, ecommerce and brick and mortar product content. The portfolio includes current systems as well as future roadmap implementation of product content solutions and services technologies. This position will proactively work to improve the integrity of content for all facets of the organization.
- Serve as a liaison between the Company and sales channels. Conduct user interviews to identify and document the critical factors affecting product content success among all of the Company’s environments.
- Manage, establish, enforce and monitor business process controls designed to safeguard the integrity of our product content. Oversee the product content team to ensure processes are continuously monitored and measured, and improve availability of quality content and information across the enterprise.
- Responsible for the escalation and resolution of the content system issues, outages and complaints
- Utilize information from the cross-functional teams to make decisions and provide direction to the team regarding product content systems, their integration, technical implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Lead discovery efforts to scope the breadth of technologies, vendors or systems and use cases to understand architecture and design of data flows in and out of systems; recommend new technology solutions to improve system efficiencies to executive management.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring, and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods, and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- 10 years’ experience in change management or business systems analysis, particularly product content, financial or global systems, Required
- Strong knowledge of business data structures and integration
- Strong auditing, analytical and problem solving skills
- Document management system
- Familiarity of accounting, retail and wholesale operations and inventory
- Various mathematical and statistical analysis techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
- Ability to occasionally travel domestically
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.