Ashley Furniture Industries, LLC.
Tampa, FL, United States
Are you a technology buff with a strong understanding of data who can think outside the box? Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited? Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our IT team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our IT team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
We are looking for Lead BSA - CAD Standards to support the Ashley Design and Engineering departments and who will report to the IT Product Operations team, belonging to the IT Product Systems department
The IT Product Operations team is the business-facing team of the IT Product Systems group and consists of Solution Owners, Business Analysts and Solution Architects working together developing user-friendly business solutions.
The Product Operations team works with several different solutions used to design and develop our furniture products, including inspiration, creative design, costing, sample build, detail design, CGI imagery, mechanical design, and technical documentation. The Business Teams You will support consists of furniture designers, CAD draftsman, CAD designers, prototype builders, costing personnel, production personnel, CNC programmers and robot/automation designers.
As Senior BSA - CAD Standards, you will create software configurations, standards operating procedures, workflow processes, and best practices for proprietary and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) Computer Aided Design (CAD), Product Data Management (PDM) and the Product Life Cycle (PLM) systems. You will act as a liaison between business partners and the IT Product Technology team to deliver functionality that aligns with business initiatives by converting project requirements into configuration and/or code definition. While mentoring and training fellow team members, this position will continuously assess and improve CAD, PDM, and PLM tools and processes.
• Proficiency in CAD modeling and PDM software, preferably SolidWorks, SolidWorks PDM Pro or SolidWorks Manage.
• Experience developing product data/engineering change management processes and best practices.
• Experience with eBOM and mBOM management, transformation, and standards.
• Understanding of CAD data migration, import, export data mapping, custom properties, and related metadata.
• Exposure to CGI programs, rendering systems, and experience with other 3D modeling and animation tools, 3DStudio Max preferred.
• Exposure to digital asset management and content management systems, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), SolidWorks Composer preferred.
• Skilled at evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, and synthesizing high-level information into details.
• Able to participate and lead discussions pertaining to process development as it relates to tools used for new product development, product engineering, and downstream data consumers.
• Strong understanding of Agile software process development including best-practice design, development, testing, and deployment.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• B.S in Computer-Aided Design, Technology or related field, or equivalent experience.
• 3 – 5 years practical development experience required.
• Relational database management systems with experience in SQL.
• Experience with SolidWorks APIs (.NET) preferred.
• Platforms: Windows, MS Azure Stack
Who Are We?
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits! We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries. Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies. Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day. Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.