Are you a master in continuous improvement who likes to work in a fast-paced environment? Does working with industry leading, high-speed automated equipment and manufacturing systems get you excited? Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a World-Class organization?
Then apply today to our Manufacturing Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Process Safety Manager- Verona, MS
The Process Safety Manager will lead the effort to provide a safe workplace for all employees through training, inspections, audits, job safety analysis and compliance with all standards related to regulatory bodies. The ideal candidate will have a background in Process Safety with a strong background in experience and knowledge in chemicals used for manufacturing. This individual will oversee the day to day operation of security, utilizing the on-site security service provider, camera systems and access controls to buildings and campus. This position will also promote worker’s compensation cost reduction by reducing the number and severity of employee injuries and facilitating return-to-work opportunities. This individual is also responsible for driving process improvements through statistical analysis of injury data to identify and address the root cause of employee injuries. This position will spend extended time in production and warehouse areas providing support to management, supervisors and employees to promote safety initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory standards; develop company policies and procedures based upon regulatory standards,
- advise management regarding regulatory issues, escort OSHA employees when on-site, abate discovered regulatory violations, answer regulatory complaints, conduct monthly supervision safety training in accordance with regulatory standards and conduct new employee orientation sessions related to safety.
- Make decisions regarding the deployment of resources to address initiatives, projects, training and issues that arise during the
- day. Communicate health, safety and security topics effectively to all levels of management and employees.
- Collaborate with Operations Management to develop process improvements through statistical analysis using Lean
- Manufacturing principles and tools to identify the root cause of employee injuries. Process improvements may include training, re-engineering, job safety analysis and waste reduction.
- Monitor and provide guidance regarding the investigation of reported injuries to analyze the root cause. Coordinate incident site
- cleanup as needed. Arrange for the transportation of injured employees to the Medical Technician’s office, occupational health clinic and/or emergency room as necessary.
- In case of natural disaster or business-impacting event (fire, earthquake, flood, etc.), set-up and coordinate the Incident Command Center. Open lines of communication with executive teams, local management and the response team. Take all steps necessary to preserve human life and company property to minimize the business interruption period.
- Continuously monitor work sites and arrange for industrial hygiene testing whenever necessary.
- Conduct internal safety/environmental audits and inspections to monitor system effectiveness.
- Complete and submit reports to legal entities as required by law as well as conduct required legal reviews.
- Review chemicals submitted for use within the facility according to internal procedures and legal requirements.
- Maintain communications with the company insurance procedures to manage cost of programs.
- Prepare and/or provide input regarding annual facility site HSS Department budget.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews.
- Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
What Do You Need?
- Bachelor's Degree in safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental or Chemical Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience, Required
- 5 years’ experience in Environmental Health & Safety, or related field(s) in a Manufacturing environment. Certifications
- First-Aid Certification, or ability to obtain within 60 days
- CPR/AED Certification, or ability to obtain within 60 days
- Certification in safety as a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations, State workers compensation laws
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local laws/regulations/requirements realted to Health, Safety and Security Experience with accident investigation, safety audit programs for manufacturing
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Tools, national incident management system (NIMS) or emergency management systems and document management system
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.