Ashley Furniture Industries, LLC.
Spanaway, WA, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist is responsible for the human resources needs of supported business unit(s) and implementation of best practices to support achievement of corporate business objectives. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to assisting with employee and labor relations, assisting with recruitment and staffing, assisting with onboarding of new employees, training as assigned, assisting with and conducting performance management, policy implementation, coaching and mentoring, and assisting other support functions in the area of employee benefits, safety and payroll. The HR Generalist performs HR-related duties on a professional level while receiving guidance from HR management to support designated business unit(s). The HR Generalist must be able to build relationships and establish credibility with employees from the wide range of departments comprising the corporate office. Must be able to recognize and effectively adapt to changes in practices, protocols, and preferences from department to department.
Assist with and/or conduct thorough investigations regarding routine employee relations matters, safety and performance issues, harassment, and other behavior that may be a violation of Company policy. Review results with supervisor and HR Management and make recommendations on course of action. Approve relevant post-accident drug tests. Assist the supervisor and/or HR Management with the corrective action and/or termination process, following all relevant SOP’s. Work with management to coach and discipline employees and resolve employee, team or business issues.
• Assist in the recruitment efforts of non-exempt personnel, temporary employees and internal transfers. Complete and submit appropriate paperwork for the interview process to help ensure a smooth onboarding process for the candidate. Participate in job fairs and other recruiting activities and initiatives as needed.
• Conduct employee feedback meetings and participate in management updates. Assist with making changes that improve the working environment and overall employee relations. Maintain employee feedback documents.
• Coach supervisors and employees regarding routine employee relations matters. Assist with communicating changes to employees that affect the business, and support supervisors with counseling and difficult discussions as necessary. • Assist in the development, administration and ongoing monitoring of Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs). Work with supervisors to ensure clear objectives, consistent approach and regular follow up. Ensure planning, monitoring and appraisal of employee work results. • Compile and maintain reports from the database. Assist in the evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
• Facilitate Company training as directed by HR Management and/or the business. Training may include but is not limited to: New Employee Orientation, Union Avoidance, Sevant Leadership, Harassment Training and other Company-required training. Ensure employees required to attend training sessions are present. Conduct additional training with new hires after start date to ensure understanding of company policies and basic safety requirements.
• Conduct exit interviews and outplacement counseling, complete unemployment discharge questionnaires, and attend hearings as required. File investigation documentation.
• Engage with employees and answer questions regarding benefits, employee relations matters, transfer requests, wages, and working conditions. Follow up on employee questions. Report any concerns to supervision and HR Management; assist with maintaining a positive working environment. • Participate in Company-sponsored events and activities such as the Company picnic, award ceremonies, meetings, annual gift handouts, and benefits open enrollment. Assist with the set up and clean-up of those activities.
• Complete appropriate administrative documents in the change of an employee relationship, check for accuracy, and maintain appropriate staffing documents.
• Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in performance of all job functions.
What Will You Do?
You will be responsible for the HR needs of the supported business units and the implementation of best practices to support the achievement of corporate business objectives. You will get to dive into the heart of HR and assist with employee and labor relations, performance management, policy implementation, coaching and mentoring, and onboarding. Our HR Generalists are always out interacting with our employees, conducting feedback meetings, coaching supervisors, and facilitating company training.
What Do You Need?
• 1+ years of Human Resources experience, including employee relations
• Associates Degree in HR, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience • PHR or SHRM-CP preferred Knowledge in State and Federal employment laws, basic OSHA safety practices and procedures and employee relations principles
·We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
·We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
·Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
·Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
·Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.