The primary focus of this position will be to cut, drill, fit, join, weld/fabricate and/or repair steel components. This is a cross functional position within the fabrication department. He/she may be required to assist others or work on other machines as required. Responsibilities
Who Are We?
- Operate in a safe manner at all times and use safe work habits while performing job function.
- Notify supervisor immediately in the event of a faulty machine and/or defect materials.
- Set up, adjust and use equipment by adjusting gas flow, wire feed rate and heat settings per standard practices.
- Assemble parts in fixtures or jigs to specifications as requested
- Observes process for defects and makes timely corrections.
- Replaces nozzles, contact tips, weld wire spools, rod, gas bottles and gages as required.
- Inspects work, quality and dimensional requirements and correct parts alignment.
- Performs minor maintenance of the equipment.
- Performs routine record keeping as required.
- Operates other equipment in the Machine Shop such as saws, grinders, drills and various other equipment as required.
- Hand welds various metal parts in compliance with applicable in shop welding requirements and codes.
- Weld components in a flat, horizontal, and vertical positions
- Examine materials and work for defects to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Work from shop drawings, blueprints, sketches, work orders and verbal instructions form the Shop Supervisor/Manager.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work and shop area.
- Performs other duties as assigned to assist the company’s overall objectives
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in performance of all job functions
- Properly use hand tools in a safe manor and follow all OSHA regulations.
- Maintain reliable attendance.
·We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
·We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
·Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
·Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
·Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.