This job posting is no longer active.
Lead Virtual Interior Designer
Ashley Furniture Industries
What Will You Do?
As the Lead Virtual Interior Designer, you will be working directly with our online customers designing and helping visualize their dream home with real furniture/décor in a 3D model of their exact space. Using Ashley’s designer platform and leveraging your design skills you will create intricate mood boards and floor layouts for customer residential projects, designing spaces that meet customer design needs. This position will lead design development, mentor, train, and oversee team members while executing process improvement initiatives. The Lead Virtual Interior Designer is responsible for managing multiple individual and team projects.
- Create brand standard designs, including mood-boards, 2D floor plans, and photorealistic 3D room models for client residential projects and Ashley’s internal sales channels
- Provide One-on-One Virtual Design consultations through interactions via email, phone, chat, and video
- Capture client requests designing beautiful, functional, and within budget spaces that represent both a personalized approach as well as established brand lifestyles
- Collaborate with divisional sales executives and merchants to determine how new and inline products are to be displayed in a virtual environment to present to Ashley’s business partners
- Design and select materials, finishes, products, and content within virtual environment
- Manage multiple individual and team design projects tracking and updating the different stages of completion to ensure deadlines and quality standards are met
- Mentor, coach, and support junior designers on the development, implementation, training, and maintenance of design processes and procedures
What Do You Need?
Who Are We?
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field or equivalent work experience
- Background in interior design or interior e-design
- Experienced with E-design, interior design, and space-planning principles
- Proficient in floor planning software (AutoCAD, Revit, 3D max, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Sketchup)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of elements and principles of design and design functions including spatial planning, color theory and selection, fabric selection, lighting, and interior design styles
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication
- NCIDQ Certification is a plus!
- Advanced Project Management and leadership skills
- Strong customer service skills with a desire to go above and beyond
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.