Are you a technology buff with a strong understanding of data who can think outside the box?
Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our IT team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our IT team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
Transportation Systems Manager
What Will You Do?
The Transportation Systems Manager has responsibility for all transportation software and systems level 1 issues and assistances with project within Ashley Transportation entities. This position will manage resources and timelines for the Process Improvement Team assisting transportation operations by ensuring project scope and understanding operations requirements for all systems. This position will manage direction to transportation leadership ensuring adherence to project timelines by identifying and assessing project needs.
The Transportation Systems Manager will assist in the design, testing, implementation, and monitoring of system changes and upgrades for the most efficient use. The Transportation Systems Manager will support and guide teams to meet results on-time. This position will manage accurately through efficiently guiding resources, time, the team priorities, and ticket issues within the SLA established. This position will assist management in onboarding new system developments and requirements within Ashley Transportation. This position will also coordinate the efforts of internal team resources and external partners along with key operations partners in support of existing production systems
- Manage support team to achieve quality service, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and project goals through monitoring project design, current system assessments and compilations of Business requirements.
- Act as Transportation liaison.
- Ensure Ashley Distribution Services (ADS) leadership is provided the appropriate information and knowledge to identify problems and formulate solutions to ensure objectives are met and timelines are adhered to in line with the BRD.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in the implementation of new and/or current processes and systems including system testing, routines, and implementation of changes.
- Monitor any system changes based on business need, as well as points of failure, and communicate as appropriate to the leadership.
- Manage, conduct, and oversee training for new processes and systems for management and employees. Monitor effectiveness of training and recommend adjustments to training and materials as needed.
- Create a culture of teamwork. Support the project teams’ capabilities to document and present project efforts as designated by Transportation executive leadership. Make an on-going effort to train individuals how to work together and form teams that work toward common goals. Manage cross-functional teams to improve quality, productivity, and enhance flow by solving problems.
- Assist and manage leaders who thoroughly understand the work and computer technology, embrace the philosophy of Ashley, and educate others. Assist leaders to drive continuous improvement, Lean, and other corporate initiatives.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making performance improvements through coaching, mentoring, and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods, and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- 3 years of experience in Transportation Management Systems, Transportation or Project Management, Required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, IT or related field, or equivalent work experience Required
- Systems and Applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft project, Visio, EDI and general computer knowledge
- Ability to learn TRANSCOM, RIMMS, LEAN, People Net, and other related systems
- Document management systems
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient level using Microsoft Office Suite and Internet
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills
- Possess excellent spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Lead and direct others to generate expected results
- Management of resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods, and materials
- Provide effective leadership: promote teamwork, and demonstrated ability to lead people to get results
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquires
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only