Are you a technology buff with a strong understanding of data who can think outside the box?
Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our IT team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our IT team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
Senior IT Manager – Application Development/Integration
What Will You Do?
The Senior IT Manager will ensure the efficient, effective and high quality operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This position will plan, coordinate, direct, and lead the design of IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The Senior IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This position will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices. This position makes recommendations for the development of the strategy in the area of responsibility.
This position will recommend and promote capital and operating expenditures within area of responsibility.
- Plan, direct and assure the timely completion of the work at the required level of quality to meet the long and short-term needs of the organization. Create and communicate a clear definition and understanding of the work requirements and goals as well as any constraints in terms of time, policy, cost or quality. Analyze problems, formulate solutions and alternatives, decide on the solution and identify the work task that must be completed to achieve the expected results. Assign the tasks to group members, arrange for assistance required from other IT/business groups and formulate a project plan to achieve the goals. Monitor, coordinate, assist and perform tasks as required to assure the necessary level of quality, cost, security and performance of the work. Follow, promote and improve departmental and company procedures, methods and process.
- Maintain and operate applications and/or infrastructure devices. Oversee the testing of computer production operational routines, procedures, methods, processes and documentation. Communicate and train others in operational routine procedures, methods and processes. Ensure quality of services by establishing and enforcing organizational standards. Work with systems’ users and IT organization to resolve the failures and restore the system to proper working order in an efficient and timely manner that minimizes the adverse affects of the failure as business demands.
- Lead and manage the business use of applications throughout the platform lifecycle, providing direction and coordination for enhancements.
- Protect the Company’s IT resources through strict adherence to company security processes and policies; train, communicate and enforce Company security processes and policies; improve and develop Company security processes and policies; lead company disaster recovery team.
- Lead the development of business processes and growth through technology enablement. Leverage other industry standards/boards/councils/teams for establishing common practices/processes and institution of these enterprise-wide. Work with other IT teams to define and agree on integration needs between processes.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders in developing merit and business case documents that match the business goals and follow our financial approval process. Take complex business challenges and break them into iterative value delivery scenarios in collaboration with business stakeholders.
- Accountable for delivery of IT projects and programs. Performance metrics include actual to budget for time and money as well as delivering a quality product or service to achieve targeted business benefits. Specific responsibilities include: requirements gathering, driving the alignment of strategic stakeholder objectives with IT solutions.
- Develop and execute communication strategy and standardized reporting processes and tools. Regularly update the organization, steering committees, senior business and IT management, and project managers on process optimization efforts, project statuses and decisions.
- Understand geographical and functional business plans to develop and manage IT plans and projects, through implementation and benefits realization, enabling the business plans within a global function.
- Responsible for IT business relationship management, IT investment portfolio (prioritization, project delivery, and third party management processes). The initiatives led by this person span a complex set of functions, technologies and geographies.
- Develop and nurture relationships with all IT users and stakeholders, including the top leaders such that he/she has a fundamental understanding of our company’s strategic choices and can guide/facilitate business leaders to translate these choices into prioritized, actionable projects. Aligns the IT Strategy to the Business Strategy.
- Consult with the Information Technology Executives and leadership in the development of IT strategy, tactics, plans and processes. Assist with problem solving activities and internal IT process development. Also, consult with the Company Executives and Functional Management on improving operational performance and achieving the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Research and report on the practical application of new technologies appropriate to the area of responsibility. Evaluate vendor proposals and make recommendations for computer equipment and software. Coordinate the acquisition of Hardware/Software with IT Executives and leadership as appropriate.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc. 15. Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- 8 years’ experience in Information Systems in area of managed specialty (infrastructure, applications, operations, development)
- Supervisory/Management experience onboarding, leading and mentoring web developers
- Software Development experience in a large Enterprise setting preferably in eCommerce
- Experience in implementation and architecture with 3rdparty applications, integrations, and cloud solutions
- Hand’s on Agile experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, and/or Business Stakeholder. Experience leading backlog grooming sessions, software estimation and sprint planning meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex programs/projects
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop, coach, mentor and manage performance of others
- Capable of developing a short and long range plans for areas of responsibility
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Application Development in a Retail organization preferred
- Experience with implementing Cloud Technologies, ideally within Microsoft Azure, Preferred
- Experience with building and managing RESTful APIs and software integrations -- Create and publish, Preferred
- Experience with Content Delivery Networks, MVC/MVVM design, complex web applications, and the secure storage and transmission of PII and Payment data, Preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science and/or Engineering
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only