Ashley Distribution Services, LTD
Etna, OH, United States
YARD DRIVER Position
The Yard Driver locates and positions Company and carrier trailers and containers as directed for production and shipping operations. This position is responsible for the safe and efficient movement of trailers and containers between the yard storage areas and the distribution center dock doors.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Move trailers into and out of various docks and yard positions as directed by shipping, receiving and production; remove/ cut seal as appropriate.
2. Perform vehicle inspection on all equipment. Visually inspect each tractor and trailer for any known or visible defects. Park out-of-service trailers and containers in correct designated areas at each location.
3. Maintain a clean and operational yard truck, notifying shop staff when repairs and/or maintenance are needed.
4. Follow all safety rules for yard operation including equipment checks, speed, courtesy and radio communication.
5. Follow all policies and procedures for vehicle care, parking and maintenance.
6. Maintain excellent customer service and relations.
7. Maintain reliable attendance.
8. Actively participate in departmental meetings, training and education; assist with training other employees and providing back-up.
9. Complete other special assignments and projects as requested.
10. Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in performance of all job functions