Are you a technology buff with a strong understanding of data who can think outside the box?
Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our IT team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our IT team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
Data Product Owner
What Will You Do?
The Data Product Owner serves as a collaborative liaison between Product Management, Business/Data Analysts, Project Management and Product Delivery teams involved in Enterprise data platforms development. This critical role aligns the vision of current and future strategic business initiatives and is responsible for supporting organizational leaders to enable future-state capabilities that will drive targeted business outcomes through digital programs, projects, and products utilizing the Enterprise Data platform(s) being developed. The Data Product Owner provides thought leadership, delivery execution and quality excellence while always enhancing and/or contributing towards the end customer experience. This role will work across targeted business domain’s Product initiatives to correlate and collaborate for higher revenue and impactful financial outcomes.
The Data Product Owner is accountable to articulate product vision, define scope, establish goals, and provide direction for teams to design, develop and deliver technology and processes for enterprise-wide solutions. The Data Product Owner navigates complex priority discussions, manages delivery expectations, and logs decisions with stakeholders. This role also ensures cross-functional dependencies are identified, communication plans are executed, and vendor relationships are leveraged for execution in alignment with critical date targets. The Data Product Owner is responsible for translating requirements received from the Enterprise Data Product Management representing the business subject matter experts into Epics, Features, and a prioritized backlog of User Stories that technical delivery teams use for the execution of product delivery while meeting regulatory and policy compliance. This role supports the Portfolio and Process Owners in defining and delivering work for multiple concurrent product initiatives through release train management. The position involves coordinating and interfacing across several communication channels and is considered the glue toward successful Enterprise Data product and project deliverables.
- Responsible for partnering with product managers, business stakeholder, subject matter experts and delivery managers to leverage the business roadmap and scope them into Epics, Features and User Stories with rich Acceptance Criteria so that the delivery team can execute the business vision.
- Elicit requirements for work using interviews, constraint negotiation, document analysis, work breakdown structures, business processes mapping, site visits, quality use cases and scenarios.
- Responsible for strong rigor in the quality of requirements including negotiating with Product Management to ensure their vision is accounted for and balancing the limited resources available in collaboration with scrum team leads to execute and deliver work.
- Leads a Lean/Agile approach to delivering experiences by reinforcing strategic business alignment, software delivery transparency, delivery execution and built-in quality processes for work acceptance.
- Collaborate, document, and communicate with development, operations, architecture, and analyst teams to groom and refine the work product so that the delivery team have enough refined information to execute on the story effectively.
- Help lead end of sprint demonstrations of the work produced to stakeholders including Product Management, Project Management and Business Leaders.
- Manage expectations, decisions, and the outcomes of deliverable(s) to Product Management business leaders.
- Proactively analyze the current Information Technology environment and processes to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Collaborates with QA team for a comprehensive validation of development being done for the desired functionality
What Do You Need?
- 5 years in an Agile technology environment
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, Required
- Prior experience with enterprise grade Master Data Management and Data Quality initiatives
- Prior experience as product owner or senior business/data analyst with enterprise grade engagements
- Good understanding of database concepts and Hands on with SQL skills
- Strong As-Is, To-Be, Business Process mapping skills and analytical & problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.