This job posting is no longer active.
Are you a college student seeking an internship for this summer? Do you have a strategic mindset with a strong aptitude for creative thinking and brand awareness? Are you a relationship builder who likes to collaborate effectively with multiple teams? Do you want to take that excitement, creativity and knowledge and work for a world-class organization? - If yes, then apply today at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer and number one furniture retailer in North America!
Public Relations Intern- Summer 2022
*Summer Internships will occur from June 7 through August 12 at our corporate office in Arcadia, Wisconsin. Summer Interns will be paid hourly and are expected to work onsite up to 40 hours per week during this 10-week program. What Will You Do?
The Public Relations Intern will assist the Public Relations department in building and maintaining a favorable image for Ashley Furniture Industries. The Public Relations Intern will help maintain positive and valuable relationships with employees, communities, business partners, government officials, media agents and the public. During summer months, this role will be heavily focused on event management, including Ashley for the Arts.
- Prepare and disseminate information to internal and external contacts on behalf of Ashley’s entities, Ashley for the Arts and the Public Relations Department.
- Assist in the coordination of community outreach initiatives and events.
- Document/update standard operating procedures related to events.
- Build and maintain reports for Ashley for the Arts showcasing various elements of the event (ie. financials, ticketing, volunteers, etc.)
- Build and maintain reports for Ashley’s media monitoring.
- Assist in managing various social media pages and websites for Ashley, Ashley for the Arts and Ashley’s Angels.
- Design and implement engaging event promotion activities for fundraising events.
- Provide customer service to the Ashley for the Arts inbox, social media, telephone, etc.
- Implement communication strategies set by the Public Relations department.
- Monitor inventory of Ashley merchandise and supplies.
- General office and administrative support.
What Do You Need?
- Pursuing a degree in Communications, Public Relations, Advertisement, Marketing, Event Planning or similar field
Experience in event planning, brand awareness, content marketing, or digital marketing strategies preferred
- Strong planning, project management, writing, and coordination skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to deliver a wide variety of assignments and projects
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal and external contacts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with employees
Who Are We?
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.