This job posting is no longer active.
- Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution excite you?
- Do you want to bring that excitement and your knowledge to a world-class organization?
- Then apply today to our IT team at Ashley Furniture -- the World's Largest Furniture Manufacturer.
audio visual systems manager
Support audio-visual systems in the corporate and retail environment by addressing equipment failures, installing, and removing equipment, and placing orders for audio visual related equipment and supplies. Design and implement audio visual systems. Perform in depth trouble shooting and analysis to determine root cause of issues. Provide recommendations on audio visual systems and controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Identify and deliver required audio-visual service levels according to company policies and user requirements.
- Work with 3rd party integrators for certain AV projects.
- Set up, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot teleconferencing equipment, multimedia devices, televisions, monitors, projectors, speaker sets, digital cameras/camcorders, and other presentation equipment.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, tickets, and/or e-mails regarding AV hardware problems.
- Document instances of AV equipment failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Maintain a spare parts inventory for all AV equipment.
- Tier 1,2 - Troubleshoot AV issues using the appropriate troubleshooting techniques and testing tools, and repair as necessary.
- Advise on the purchase of new AV equipment; assist with its installation if needed.
- Conduct research on, and make recommendations for, AV products in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Place orders for AV equipment and supplies; inspect and verify all AV deliveries upon receipt.
- May perform other duties that may be assigned.
- Travel required – up to 35%
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Position requires a minimum of 5 years equivalent work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working technical knowledge of teleconferencing, presentation, distributed audio and video, live events, and other AV hardware.
- Basic knowledge of IT practices.
- Hands-on AV equipment troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware products and issues as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.