Are you a technology buff with a strong understanding of data who can think outside the box?
Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our IT team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our IT team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
Data Product Manager
What Will You Do?
Your role will be to clearly define data product strategy, plan and roadmap data initiatives, and evaluate and measure data products throughout their lifecycles. Working across functional areas of the business as an advocate for data-driven decision-making, the Data Product Manager synthesizes the business needs for data products into features on the data roadmap. The Data Product Manager works closely with Analytics and IT Data Leadership to execute and measure progress on the data roadmap. You will provide administrative direction and support for the Data Product Management team.
- Influence at all levels to champion data-driven practices across the organization. Advocate to fully leverage data products for competitive business advantage. Drive enterprise adoption of data products.
- Compile both short-term and long-term roadmaps for data initiatives. Collaborate with other product teams and IT leaders to align data roadmaps with broader IT initiatives. Measure return on investment in data products.
- Funnel requests for data management and engineering work and assign priorities transparently. Manage relationships with functional areas of the business and set expectations satisfying their data needs.
- Oversee product ownership for the data management and engineering agile teams. Break down large data initiatives into manageable parts that can be delivered incrementally. Ensure user story coverage and monitor backlog prioritization is consistent with goals and roadmap.
- Bridge gaps between engineers, analytics and other data consumers. Partner with data management leaders manage team performance. Ensure teams have what they need to be successful and continuously evaluate performance and offer feedback.
- Seek out new opportunities for expanding data products. Understand user pain points through interviews, user groups, and shadowing sessions. Clearly map out key data consumers and personas.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders and other product teams to manage delivery of complex initiatives. Align internal and external data customers to a single cohesive plan.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- 7 years’ experience in data management and/or data analytics
- 2 years’ experience in agile product management
- Supervisory/Management experience
- Agile methodologies, Data Analytics, Preferred
- Fluent in the language of data, confident SQL knowledge and analytics tools
- Conversant in basic statistical and machine learning concepts, to collaborate effectively with data scientists and analysts
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and data engineering practices
- Knowledge of data management practices, including master data management, data governance, and data integration
- Applied knowledge of agile product management methodologies, especially as applied to data programs
- Capable of developing a short- and long-range plans for areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex programs/projects
- Entrepreneurship, driven to capitalize on opportunities and innovate
- Executive communication skills, ability to influence and drive adoption
- Effective at communicating and presenting ideas to management, customers and end users
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop, coach, mentor and manage performance of others
- Bachelors Degree in Data Analytics, Information Technology, Business, Marketing or other related field, Required
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.