The Regional Director is responsible for driving sales growth, quality and profitability of Ashley HomeStores through their store managers within a defined region. This position executes business plans, involving retail platform standards and performance measures to instill brand consistency and operational excellence. The Regional Director conducts ongoing business reviews to identify areas of opportunity and monitors store performance using financial, operations, customer service and other statistical data. This position provides inspirational leadership by instilling the highest standards, delivering superior results and achieving key performance objectives.
The Regional Director is accountable for leading, coaching and guiding retail store managers for meeting and exceeding strategic growth objectives, business metrics and profitability. This is done through meeting and exceeding store customer satisfaction and sales targets, which includes sales per guest (SPG), gross margin (GM), Net Promoter Score (NPS) and other key performance metrics.
- Work directly with the operational leadership and team members to set monthly, quarterly and annual goals for market and regional sales, gross margin, operating expenses and other key performance metrics.
- Lead store management teams in meeting and exceeding sales goals, SPG, NPS and other key performance metrics; optimize guest conversion and sales tickets by ensuring the proper implementation and execution of the Ashley Sales Approach.
- Conduct ongoing business reviews and store audits to identify and support the regional stores in acting on areas of opportunity and improvement in marketing, merchandising, product assortment, selling and sales floor productivity. Support the increase of store efficiencies by assisting store management teams in using staffing to traffic and other methodologies to properly manage the store.
- Monitor regional stores’ financial performance. Analyze operational and financial reports to determine the store’s results and performance trends; take prompt corrective action to remedy significant variance.
- Maintain a presence in the stores, personally greeting and interacting with customers to observe the associate/customer experience as well as shopping behaviors.
- Assist with the execution of store openings, store relocations, remodels and if necessary, store closures, to reinforce and support enterprise profitability.
- Participate in market operational strategy meetings to devise best practices or performance improvement plans to address regional store needs or correct identified issues.
- Lead the regional store communication process, including business strategy meetings and reporting protocols. Maintain strong relationships with store management and teams; resolve escalated store-related issues and concerns.
- Participate in regular velocity walks to assess and respond to category sales performance.
- Monitor controllable expenses such as, margin, credit, shrinkage, cash overage or shortage, and store-level maintenance.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals only.