This job posting is no longer active.
The Automation Inventory Specialist is responsible for the development and implementation of effective, facility-wide Production & Inventory Control activities to support material flow and on-time delivery. Responsible for the inventory control processes, measurements, reporting, and improvement initiatives in manufacturing. This position will work collaboratively with manufacturing, the distribution center and warehouse management system (WMS) management to meet the inventory control goals and initiatives.
The Automation Inventory Specialist will provide direction, guidance, and judgement for new inventory control initiatives, such as WMS and operational process changes, software changes and physical layout changes; this position will also manage priorities to ensure business requirements are being met and ensure inventory accuracy.
Who Are We?
- Oversees SOP and Compliance for Production Inventory, Material Handling, and Receiving
- Establishes and maintains departmental inventory plans to ensure on-time delivery.
- Establishes and maintains department procedures consistent with division and site goals
- Manages tactical supplier relationships and work with Strategic Sourcing teams to manage manufacturing and key suppliers
- Implements defined replenishment strategies within the ERP system
- Owns business processes and data within the function required to effectively run the business creating metrics and reporting to obtain company goals and initiatives
- Collaborates with Operational Management to optimize production planning, detail scheduling and material replenishment process for maximum utilization of the plant facilities and resources
- Drive efforts to continuously review and improve inventory accuracy
- Analyzes operational variances, extracts, and reviews historical data, incorporates projected scrap allowances, production efficiencies, and on-time adherence while working with operational teams to identify and implement improvement opportunities.
- Report out and action supplier on-time delivery and quality measures
- Drive YOY supplier cost reductions, inventory accuracy improvements, & on-time performance.
- Communicate Materials Inventory plans to the Leadership Team at regularly scheduled intervals
- Promote effective Health, Safety and Environmental programs and practices, ensuring that high standards of site safety are established and met
- Demonstrate personal commitment to a safety and quality culture
- Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results
- Identifies and addresses general root causes to safety and quality problems
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
·We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
·We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
·Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
·Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
·Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.