Are you a technology buff with a strong understanding of data who can think outside the box?
Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our IT team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our IT team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
Senior Cyber Security Engineer
What Will You Do?
Advanced technology professional providing expertise to assure the effective performance of one or more key components of the organization’s cybersecurity enterprise environments. Seen by IT colleagues as a technical resource in their area of expertise.
- Provides 3rd level support and troubleshooting for issues escalated from more junior engineers on installed technical solutions.
- Lead or participate in SWAT teams involving mission critical applications
- Leads in the evaluation of new technologies relative to their domain(s) and makes strategic recommendation
- Implements recommendations to ensure optimal performance and reliability for mission critical and global enterprise systems
- Works independently to design environments of increasing complexity and scope. Contributes to design specifications for cross system environments. Provides guidance to the Architecture TRM and Guardrails within the technical expertise
What Do You Need?
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience in Enterprise Level IT Environment
- Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of information security standards and best practice
- Good knowledge of associated compliance regulations
- Ability to provide on-call cover as required.
- Ability to work overtime and flexible hours.
- Ability to travel occasionally to support the enterprise
Licenses or Certifications
- One or more professional security certifications – CISSP Preferred
- Expert in multiple facets of the technology platform can independently evaluate and drive resolution of all problems in their core competencies.
- Possesses thorough understanding of the current technology environment.
- Maintains and extends expertise in own domain while also developing knowledge of emerging technologies and other related technologies.
- Develop and drive standards for all layers of Cybersecurity (i.e. people, process, technology).
- Thorough understanding of the impacts of regulations, laws and company policies, standards and procedures to their role. Awareness and communication of emerging compliance requirements.
- Develops assessment deliverables, may lead and/or actively participate in applicable assessments, with potential to delegate relevant activities to junior team members.
- Works on and leads complex projects and problems of varied scope, typically across the enterprise.
- Supports first and second level operational support, providing third level support for production systems when necessary.
- Reviews and ratifies standard operating procedures and flowcharts to support processing logic. Assists other team members with tackling support. More complex work with third parties, vendors and partners. Leads practical improvements to support process where efficiency is lacking.
- Leverages and partners with internal networks, shares knowledge and expertise effectively with other team members across multiple teams within Technology organization to enhance capabilities.
- Works directly with the client, third parties, vendors and partners and is seen as an advocate within IT; learns to manage expectations and ensures prompt and complete service.
- Leads technical design. Defines project plans, provides estimates, identifies key milestones, and raises critical project issues such as technical constraints or resource needs and proposes alternative solutions. Reviews vendor proposals and their evaluation, making appropriate recommendations.
- Leads projects and the execution of work and provides day-to-day technical leadership/ guidance to the delivery team.
- Provides mentorship to other team members and guidance to those inside and outside immediate team e.g. supports the development of engineers. Fosters team collaboration and may direct the work of others.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc., is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity unless an agreement is in place. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ashley Furniture via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ashley Furniture. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ashley Furniture as a result of the referral or through other means.