Ashley Distribution Services, LTD
Charlotte, NC, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
Are you a customer-centric individual looking for a growth-focused company? Do you have a passion and drive to continuously improve processes, procedures, and employees to meet operational excellence? Do you want to take that passion and work for a World-Class organization?
Then apply today to Ashley Furniture – the World's Largest Furniture Manufacturer and the number one retailer of furniture and bedding in the United States!
Since 1945, our teamwork, systems, and desire to continuously improve demonstrates a company whose passion is put into every action.
Customer Experience Logistics Specialist (Day Shift)
What Will You Do?
The Customer Experience Logistics Specialist will provide exceptional service to internal and external customers using phone, chat, text, and email. This position works closely with Freight Operations, Account Management, Customer Service, and other teams to ensure deliveries and questions are dealt with professionally. In this role, you will monitor the distribution centers by confirming pick-up times, positioning equipment, and rescheduling external customers.
1. Communicate professionally with internal and external customers throughout the business day using various methods while simultaneously using the computer to check on delivery information and other information as requested by the customer.
2. Receive inbound phone calls from customers with questions and/or concerns on their incoming deliveries that have been assigned a trip.
3. Coordinate with carriers and make outbound phone calls to external customers to advise and confirm any reschedules of their deliveries for various reasons.
4. Effectively move from one caller to the next, treating each caller as if they are the most important and providing them with undivided attention and assistance.
5. Proactively reschedule deliveries to external accounts as needed.
6. Monitor each of our distribution centers in the United States in AS400 to ensure on-time loading. This includes reaching out to carriers to position the equipment quickly confirming drivers assigned for on-time delivery while monitoring departure trips from each distribution center.
7. Empathize with internal and external customers and use problem solving skills to create a solution that best meets both the customer's and the company's needs.
8. Communicate company and departmental issues and goals with various departments.
9. Demonstrate the company's core and growth values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
We required: Associate degree in Business or a related field or equivalent work experience.
1-year experience in Customer Service or Transportation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to smoothly adapt to change
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong customer service skills
· Ability to use positive language
· Effective time management and organizational skills
· Work independently as well as in a team environment
· Ability to empathize with internal and external customers' issues and concerns
· Strong computer skills with the Ability to work across various systems simultaneously
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Work professionally with coworkers to efficiently serve our customers
· Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/customer issues or inquiries
· Strong attention to detail
· Effective listening skills
· Manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously Ability and drive to problem solve
Who Are We?
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and we offer one of the industry's broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
Growth-Focused is one of our core values. We are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, coaching, and investing in the latest design tools, production equipment, and new technologies.
Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve people's lives worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates, only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.