This job posting is no longer active.
Are you a technology buff with a strong understanding of data who can think outside the box?
Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our IT team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our IT team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
Network Security Engineer
What Will You Do?
The Network Security Engineer is an experienced technology professional - managing, designing & supporting one or more components of the organization’s cybersecurity enterprise environment
The Network Security Engineer will be responsible for providing implementing and managing network firewalls, application firewalls, intrusion detection prevention systems. This position will be responsible for implementing complex, secure networks.
- Provides first and second level troubleshooting, technical and operational support for network security technologies with limited guidance.
- Carries out initial troubleshooting activities with a view to creating supporting procedures and documentation to avoid future repercussions. Often works with 3rd parties, vendors and wider internal teams.
- Drives resolution of escalated issues. Escalates issues to the appropriate party when required.
- Participates in the evaluation of new technologies relative to their domain(s).
- Performs the installation, configuration, and management network firewalls, application firewalls, intrusion detection prevention systems.
- Deploys, manages, and troubleshoots bluecoat proxies and proxy management servers
- Participates in ongoing infrastructure support, analysis of network use and design, and assists in future planning of the infrastructure
- Makes recommendations to ensure optimal performance and reliability for mission critical enterprise systems
- Develops and follows standard operating procedures. Uses and creates flowcharts to support processing logic. Works with third parties, vendors and partners.
- Works independently, with limited guidance, to design environments low to medium complexity
- Participate in 24x7 on-call system and application support rotation with occasional off-hours support
What Do You Need?
- 3+ years of related experience, deploying, configuring, and administering Firewalls, and/or other network-based security solutions (e.g., IDS, WAF, Proxy, etc.)
- Experience securing a large inter network establishing and enforcing policies and monitoring access.
- Must at least 1 of the following certifications: Network+, Security+, or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Prefer Cisco Certified CyberOps Professional or Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator or higher
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security/Computer Science/Information Technology or related field of discipline, or equivalent work experience, Required
- Experience in configuring and administering the following network security technologies within the enterprise:
o Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW)
o Intrusion Prevention/Detection solutions
- Setting up and configuring of security technologies used within NGFWs
o SSL Decryption
o Security Zones
- Working experience with firewall policies, security standards, and managing rulesets
- Knowledge of RSTP, LAG, LACP, ACL, LLDP, 802.1x, and NAC protocols
- Understanding of network design and troubleshooting techniques
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and troubleshooting packet captures
- Solid understanding of switching technologies/protocols (LACP, STP, VLAN, etc.)
- Solid understanding of routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, Static Routing)
- Understanding on applying security best practices using common frameworks such as DISA STIGs or CIS Benchmarks
- Understanding of DNS, DHCP & IPAM (DDI) protocols and security (Basic DNS and DHCP concepts, IPAM, IP addressing, VLANs).
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee issues or inquiries
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.