This job posting is no longer active.
Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to join our team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Customer Experience Representative
What Will You Do?
The Customer Experience Representative will be the conduit to impact, enhance and improve the overall customer experience. This position will collaborate with affected parties internally and externally. They will assist and ensure that problem resolution is obtained at the local level and they will communicate and follow up with affected parties regarding the outcome and resolution. The Customer Experience Representative will collaborate with the warehouse staff, driver teams and others as needed, to ensure everyone is working toward solutions that will better serve our customers. This position is responsible for collecting driver information and feedback regarding the returned items and documenting in the system. The Customer Experience Representative will take immediate action on returned items in attempt to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and to minimize the impact on the customer and the company. The Customer Experience Representative will follow the product verification process by previewing the open goods in the warehouse lanes according to standard operating procedures. This includes understanding product specifications as well as familiarity with the construction and design of all items sold. This position will identify, label, and document all goods that are not to manufacturing standards, and ensure products are brought to standard prior to being loaded for delivery to the customer. The Customer Experience Representative must have the skills and ability to keep emotions in check in order to seamlessly move from one situation to the next.
- Collaborate with the warehouse staff such as prep teams, service technicians, driver teams, etc., to conduct audits of customer product staged in the warehouse lanes at the beginning and/or end of the day.
- Communicate the customer’s situation and perspective when situations require a 2nd (or additional) delivery due to an error or issue on the Company’s part; communicate with the customer during the audit process as necessary.
- Collaborate with the driver check-in team, the delivery driver, the delivery representative and others if needed, to review the returned items. Capture all information regarding returned items; gather driver comments regarding issues and returns, review driver paperwork for additional comments and make notes during the returned product review process. Make recommendations to ensure proper coding.
- Take immediate action on returned items to ensure the most prompt and efficient resolution for our customers.
- Professionally communicate with internal and external customers, such as end consumers, HomeStore staff, service technicians, distribution center staff, delivery drivers, dispatch, etc. throughout the business day using a variety of methods while simultaneously using the computer to take care of any concerns as requested by the customer. Some of these functions include: check delivery information, product availability and claim status; order replacement parts and schedule service technicians; confirm deliveries; complete post-delivery surveys; etc.
- Accurately document all communication regarding the customer to ensure seamless service for the customer when multiple representatives are handling the call. Documentation should be clear and concise so that any representative assisting the customer is able to pick up where the previous one left off.
- Participate in reviewing and making recommendations to standard operating procedures to gain uniformity among all departments such as: HomeStore staff, service technicians, distribution center staff, delivery drivers, Customer Care, etc.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- 1 year Customer Service experience, required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Professional telephone etiquette.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect.
- Work as a team to improve methods and exceed established goals.
- Able to adapt to change • Work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Able to handle high stress situations or elevated situations.
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement.
- Problem solves, make decisions and perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquires.
- Able to remain calm in escalated situations.
- Maintain a positive & professional attitude that motivates others and promotes enthusiasm.
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse, and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.