Do you have a strategic mindset with a strong aptitude for data and analytics?
Are you a relationship builder who likes to collaborate effectively with multiple teams?
Do you want to take that excitement, creativity and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our Ecommerce team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer and number one furniture retailer in North America!
Our ecommerce team works daily to make sure that we have the most up to date digital content, a strong brand, and high social media traffic.
Vendor Manager - Merchandising
What Will You Do?
You will be responsible for developing business strategies and assortment plans to maximize the Company’s brand and the Company’s ecommerce platform while ensuring strategic selection consistency across channels (ecommerce and brick-and-mortar stores). This position drives category level selection expansion and vendor management by negotiating and managing all supplier relationships. This leadership role is responsible for the strategy, planning, oversight, and delivery of the Vendor Relationship Management program and function. The successful candidate will have deep expertise in people management and development, negotiations, and direct vendor oversight.
- Manages the day to day vendor relationship management activities across multiple internal service areas.
- Collaborate with Site Merchandising and Store/Site operations as they manage overall performance of assigned supplier partners across all channels.
- Drive a single furniture category specific selection effort by filling gaps in site selection based on onsite metrics, traffic, sales data, etc.
- Develop and optimize the home furnishings merchandise mix on the website to support continued growth in the ecommerce business.
- Leads the escalations related to managed vendors in the areas of Service Level Agreement (SLA)performance, Financial Goals and Selection targets. Works with Supplier Senior Management to resolve all issues and achieve mutual targets.
- Shows the ability to apply critical thinking, strategy development, and vision towards the growth of the assigned vendor relationship management program, while also overseeing the day-to-day execution in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Review performance and initiatives; develop alignment with Marketing, Buying and Planning to ensure delivery against assigned sales and selection targets.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience Required. MBA highly preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in ecommerce merchandising, preferably in Home Furnishings, for a major retail brand, required.
- Demonstrated results in driving B2C sales through digital merchandising mix strategy and implementation.
- Experience in developing frameworks to analyze and report on ecommerce merchandising performance.
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.