Company: Ashley Furniture Industries
Location: Corporate Office Arcadia, Wisconsin or Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Position: International Accounts Payable Specialist
The International Accounts Payable Specialist will approve and coordinate payment to International vendors. This position will calculate and maintain overhead and landed costs of import products and maintain vendor pricing files.
The International Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for more complex and difficult International AP functions; they will collaborate with many departments within the organization to ensure consistency and compliance regarding pricing and payments and they will troubleshoot and resolve issues to provide optimum service to our vendors while keeping the needs of the business in mind.
- Approve and coordinate payments to domestic and international finished goods vendors within established deadlines; collaborate with external banks, Corporate finance, vendors and department team members as necessary.
- Ensure timely payments to vendors; effectively research, track and resolve vendor invoice pricing discrepancies.
- Validate proof of payment received for each payment transaction; ensure records are stored in the Company’s electronic retention system in accordance with U.S. Customs and Border Protection regulations.
- Balance total dollars authorized for payment with corporate Finance on a monthly and yearly basis.
- Provide guidance, coaching and support to the International Accounts Payable team, assisting them with challenging situations and escalated issues.
- Provide training and support in a variety of ways including team meetings, small groups or one-on-one to continually develop their skills, build their confidence and empower them to make decisions.
- Monitor and maintain the Letters of Credit (LC) process. Verify all conditions of LC are met and approve release of funds; collaborate with external banks and Corporate Finance to complete the process. Ensure records are stored in the Company’s electronic retention system.
- Set up and maintain vendor profiles according to standard operating procedures.
- Maintain accurate and up to date vendor banking and beneficiary information; create and maintain money wire templates for Corporate Finance.
- Collaborate with Design, Cost Accounting and Classification teams to estimate landed costs in order to help determine sell prices for new items.
- Generate and analyze daily, weekly and monthly reports to monitor team and company data. Ensure management teams are kept informed of current statuses.
- Assist Corporate Finance, international offices and/or vendors with auditor requests; provide relevant information as requested.
- Process vendor price changes and landed cost requests. Complete the appropriate calculations and provide information to Company President and executive management for approval.
- Maintain pricing records in the appropriate internal supplier systems and retain pricing information in Company’s electronic retention system in accordance with U.S. Customs and Border Protection regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective communication, coordination and working relations with international vendors and international office staff.
- Monitor and maintain the debit memo process by updating the necessary systems with changes. Ensure funds are applied to the correct purchase order(s) and accepted by the vendor. Provide updates regarding outstanding debit memos to the management team; ensure records are stored in the Company’s electronic retention system.
- Monitor and maintain the on-hold payment process. Place payments on hold and release held payments upon request; monitor to ensure internal systems are accurate.
- Monitor and maintain the sample payment process according to standard operating procedure; review invoices and costs and send to executive management for approval; ensure timely payment to vendors.
- Maintain and retain international correspondence in accordance with established customs requirements.
- Collect and update information in accordance with team key process measures.
- Assist in maintaining standard operating procedures for the International Accounts Payable Team, make recommendations for changes and implement upon Manager/Director approval.
- Determine areas in need of improvement, make recommendations and assist with creating, implementing and monitoring process improvement changes.
- Stay current with importing rules and regulations as well as changes within the international shipping industry; communicate relevant findings to management.
- Demonstrate the company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of each job function.
Your ideal qualifications:
- 2+ years in Administration role, Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, good judgment, and problem-solving abilities
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Desires a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
What We Offer:
- Excellent Healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Profit sharing eligibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- Great opportunities for career growth
- Flexible Spending Account
- Corporate partnership - Discount programs
- Furniture Discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only