Ashley Distribution Services, LTD
Arcadia, WI, United States
Backhaul Transportation Coordinator
The Backhaul Coordinator is responsible for understanding the systems, delivery routes, and transportation procedures of
Ashley Distribution Services, and soliciting and acquiring daily, weekly, and monthly freight from customers or brokers to reduce
our empty miles and improve our overall revenue.
• Coordinate with Assistant Fleet Managers to determine where available drivers are that need backhauls.
• Soliciting and acquiring daily, weekly, and monthly freight from customers or brokers.
• Use Load Boards (DAT, Internet Truckstop, etc.) to locate backhaul opportunities that satisfy business needs.
• Ensure accuracy of load tenders and enter loads into the system when necessary.
• Call shippers and vendors to confirm order numbers. Utilize shipper and vendor systems to set appointments.
• Provide excellent customer service and communicate load status to Shippers and Brokers.
• Negotiate rates with Shippers and Brokers, and make sure rates are entered into the system.
• Responsible for volume and revenue aspects of freight solicited.
• Coordinate with Assistant Fleet Managers to ensure all loads are matched and acknowledged to maximize efficiency.
• Reduce and manage empty miles through acquisitions of backhauls.
• Continue to review and improve backhaul revenue and lanes market analysis.
• Look for and identify opportunities within our network through lane reports.
• Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
1-year Experience in transportation; emphasis on Backhaul.
Who Are We?
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
Growth-Focused is one of our core values. We are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, coaching, and investing in the latest design tools, production equipment, and new technologies.
Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve people’s lives worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates, only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.