Ashley Distribution Services, LTD
Ecru, MS, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
Are you a customer centric individual looking for a growth-focused company? Do you have a passion and drive to continuously improve processes, procedures and employees in order to meet operational excellence? Do you want to take that passion and work for a World-Class organization?
Then apply today to Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer and the number one retailer of furniture and bedding in the United States!
Since 1945, our teamwork, systems and desire to continuously improve demonstrates a company whose passion is put into every action.
Yard and Shuttle Manager
What Will You Do?
You will be responsible for the management of yard and shuttle operations; for maintaining yard organization, and productivity; planning yard layout to ensure utilization and efficiency; planning schedules for coverage of all shifts and hours. Accountable for safety and safe work practices of the team, team performance and operating efficiency, equipment utilization and maintenance, timely execution of moves and communication with the docks, yard organization, daily scheduling and staffing levels, assessing future needs and communicating needs in areas such as staffing, equipment, grounds, and yard configurations. Responsible for the safety compliance of the shuttle delivery team, as well as coordinating daily deliveries and driver schedules with the operations team and management. This position directly supervises yard and shuttle drivers on multiple shifts and locations.
What Do You Need?
· Bachelor's degree in Yard Operations, Transportation, Business or related field, or equivalent work experience, Required
· 4 years’ yard operations and/or transportation experience, Required
· Supervisory/Management experience
· MVR that meets or exceeds company standard for driver hiring • Commercial Driver License or ability to obtain
Who Are We?
· We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
· We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
· Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
· Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
· Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.