This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have an eye for design? Do you get excited about using both the creative and analytical parts of your brain? Do you want to take that creativity and work for a World-Class organization? Then apply today to our Product Development Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer! Our in-house designers and engineers react quickly to consumer tastes and have conquered the ability to make style and selection affordable. Talented and ambitious, they travel the world to gain an understanding of the latest trends and discover emerging materials, constructions and technologies.
Material Process Engineer- Arcadia, Wisconsin
What Will You Do?
You will maintain existing process procedures, material standards, cost reductions and source development. Assisting and overseeing testing, you will ensure material and machine processes are compliant with standard operating procedures. Additionally, you will develop and maintain thorough and accurate documentation of material standards and processes for domestic Casegoods.
- Collaborate with Design & Engineering on new market introduction materials, defining processes, and selecting vendors.
- Collaborate with suppliers and manufacturing for product launch and establishment of process and material standards.
- Assist manufacturing and purchasing on material cost reduction, such as supplier sourcing and material testing.
- Research and make recommendations for new products and/or equipment as well as processes.
- Stay current with industry trends, technologies, and regulatory standards.
- Thorough and accurate documentation and maintenance of material standards and processes for domestic casegoods.
- Assist, support and/or advise Director of Materials Development and designers for product development.
- Coordinate with the Quality department to ensure environmental and quality testing is performed
What Do You Need?
Who Are We?
- Technical Degree in Materials Science, Material Engineering, Composite Engineering, or related Sciences, or equivalent work experience, Required
- Experience in engineered materials and/or processes
- Working knowledge of furniture manufacturing processes and materials
- Ability to work collaboratively with various departments
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.