Ashley Distribution Services, LTD
Charlotte, NC, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
Operations Coordinator (2nd & 3rd Shift)
Location: Charlotte, NC
What Will You Do?
The Operations Coordinator will communicate, plan and execute activities of the Ashley Distribution Service drivers to maximize the productivity of assets and fleet utilization and attain scheduled delivery dates. The position is located in Charlotte, NC.
· Plan and assign loads departing the distribution center or connecting at remote lots or rail yard locations to attain scheduled deliveries.
· Determine fleet capabilities and the numbers of loads consumed by the ADS Fleet or diverted to carriers.
· Maximize fleet utilization by scheduling and securing loads that provide revenue or minimize expenses during periods of volatile shipping volume.
· Configure routes from orders received for geographical areas throughout North America on a time-sensitive basis; place priority on the shipments as appropriate.
· Coordinate communication and activity with Customer Service, Shipping, and other departments to optimize performance in scheduling and delivery.
· Communicate with drivers on work to be performed to assist with maximizing efficiency.
· Maintain, monitor, and update departure dates and times in software systems to provide accurate information and expectations.
· Maintain and schedule driver time off requests.
· Monitor and record issues with drivers and loads; offer recommendations for continuous improvement.
· Demonstrate the Company's Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
· Maintain reliable attendance.
· Actively participate in departmental meetings, training, and education.
· Assist with training other employees and providing backup.
What Do You Need?
· High School Diploma or GED
· Transportation or related field, or equivalent work experience, Preferred
Who Are We?
· We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
· We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest furniture manufacturer in the world and offer one of the industry's broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
· Growth-Focused is one of our core values. We are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, coaching, and investing in the latest design tools, production equipment, and new technologies.
· Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
· Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve people's lives worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates, only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.