Company: Ashley Furniture Industries
Location: Chippewa Falls, WI or Arcadia, WI
Position: International Freight Specialist
The Ashley Furniture Corporate Team is seeking a talented and solution-oriented International Freight Specialist to join our growing division! In this position, you will be responsible for the coordination and movement of domestic and international freight to ensure an exceptional customer experience with a timely and efficient delivery of product and prepare accurate export documentation. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong attention to detail in order to oversee daily operations. In addition to having excellent organizational skills, you should also possess a customer centric personality with the ability to work in a collaborative and team focused environment!
Your ideal qualifications:
- 2 years' experience working in a professional office environment (full time position or Internship) for any of the following functions: Office Support, Clerical, Administrative, Transportation, Customer Support, or logistics/supply chain related. (Recent Graduates are welcome to apply)
- Knowledge of supply chain/logistics processes is recommended but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel functions is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment, and problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail and well organized
- Team Player with Professional Attitude
What Will You Do?
- Coordinate and monitor the movement of import and export containers to ensure timely delivery to the destination and monitor the timely return of equipment.
- Provide efficient supply chain execution by interacting with vendors, customers, logistics and transportation providers.
- Customer Service- heavy online chat, email, and phone interaction with customers and vendors.
- Monitor progress of service requests to ensure coverage, on-time performance and service satisfaction.
- Track import inbound containers from U.S. port of arrival to destination.
- Respond to any issues or complaints.
- Review purchase orders and shipping documents to ensure accuracy.
- Establish and maintain effective communication, coordination and working relations with international vendors, internal teams, and customers.
What We Offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Profit sharing eligibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Great opportunities for career growth
- Furniture Discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only