Company: Ashley Furniture Industries
Location: Chippewa Falls, WI or Arcadia, WI
Position: International Transportation Specialist
What Will You Do?
You will monitor and execute the cost effective and timely movement of goods through the Logistics network. This includes Import and Export shipments. Responsible for updating systems and maintaining accurate freight information. Monitor company and carrier compliance with all transportation laws and regulations; investigate and resolve any non-compliance issues.
What Do You Need?
- Associate degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience, Required
- 3 years in a business/office environment with experience in import logistics and/or transportation, Required
- Monitor company and carrier compliance with all transportation laws and regulations; investigate and resolve any non-compliance issues.
- Prepare for and assist with contract negotiations; receive, proof and process contract amendments from ocean carriers and retain contract information with corporate filing and within the department. Ensure internal systems are updated with most recent contract and/or amendment information.
- Assign carriers to vendors based on negotiated contracts as well as volume and demand. Analyze carrier performance according to ocean freight carrier contract information and ensure we are meeting contract requirements while maintaining competitive freight costs. Make recommendations for resolving space issues for vendor base.
- Review transportation requirements and allocations and make recommendations to reduce overall costs while still meeting contractual commitments.
- Prepare, analyze and send monthly forecasts to ocean carrier contacts.
- Maintain and update Ashley’s internal systems with agreed upon ocean freight rates.
- Approve and coordinate ocean freight payment; advise Corporate Accounts Payable team to submit wire payment to ocean carriers. Update Ashley’s internal systems once wire payment has been sent.
- Review and analyze freight statements. Ensure there are no open balances or overpayments with ocean carriers; research and resolve issues as needed.
- Assist international warehouse with shipments and warehouse issues. Monitor international warehouse shipping and receiving information. Provide support for carrier relations as needed.
- Stay abreast of global market conditions that may affect the overall movement of freight.
- Train international vendors on container shipping processes and procedures.
- Maintain and retain international correspondence in accordance with established U.S. Customs requirements.
- Assist with maintaining standard operating procedures for the Freight Team; make recommendations for changes and implement upon manager’s approval.
- Determine areas in need of improvement, make recommendations and assist with creating, implementing and monitoring process improvement changes.
- Stay current with importing/exporting rules and regulations as well as changes within the international shipping industry; communicate relevant findings to management.
- Collect and update information in accordance with team key process measures.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What We Offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Profit sharing eligibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Great opportunities for career growth
- Furniture Discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only