Are you a college student looking to gain real world experience in a growth- focused organization? Do you have a passion and drive to continuously improve processes and procedures to meet operational excellence?- Then apply today to Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer and the number one retailer of furniture and bedding in the United States!
Asset Analyst Intern- Ashley Logistics
What Will You Do?
You will be responsible for supporting Ashley Logistics Services, Distribution Services, and Fleet Operations by tracking, analyzing, forecasting asset availability and transportation demand of the freight management offices. As an Asset Analyst Intern, you will work closely with Demand Analysts and Operations leaders to log business needs against availability and perform in-depth analysis to identify target geographic areas that lack external customer presence. In addition, you will:
What Do You Need?
- Perform in-depth analysis in the areas of transportation, distribution, and operations. Using techniques such as, modeling or simulations to provide management with necessary recommendations.
- Partner with capacity and optimization analysts and operational stakeholders to consolidate data inputs to perform predictive transportation analysis
- Research, providing recommendations to build out processes, and procedures from concept to implementation to facilitate departments goals.
Who Are We?
- Pursuing a degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, Data Analytics, Finance, Operations, or related field
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPS, charts, etc)
- Familiarity with Tableau, PowerBI, or other data visualization tools is a plus!
- Ability to continue interning during the school year
- A positive, can-do, willing to learn attitude!
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.