This job posting is no longer active.
*This position can be based out of either Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin or Arcadia, Wisconsin office
Supply Chain Forecast Analyst
The Forecast Analyst will forecast groups by product category. This position is responsible for an average amount of forecast dollars and/or records and has a significant financial impact on departments and the organization. The Forecast Analyst is responsible for accurately forecasting product utilizing a statistical forecast system requiring strong mathematical skills. This position is also responsible for ensuring high customer satisfaction rates while maintaining adequate inventory levels at each distribution center location. The Forecast Analyst will use multiple methods and tools to evaluate past sales history, future customer demand, customer placements and seasonality trends. This position will communicate with a wide-variety of internal and external customers to negotiate and make recommendations to fulfill customer demands while ensuring a reasonable inventory level plan.
What Do You Need?
- Bachelor degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Data Analytics, Economics, Mathematics, or related field (preferred)
- 1+ years experience in supply chain field preferred (inventory, buying, demand planning, capacity management)
- Experience in data mining, analysis and reporting
- Advanced expertise with Excel applications required (interactive excel, macros) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, good judgment, and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of Power BI, SQL, or Tableau is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What Will You Do?
- Analyze, update, and monitor the forecast for accuracy using a statistical forecast system and communicate changes to appropriate departments.
- Evaluate and monitor future orders versus forecast; make forecast changes when needed. Create and maintain product journals.
- Independently make decisions to change and update forecasts and derived ratios by comparing future forecast to actual history, and percent of change in demand following standard operating procedures and established guidelines.
- Identify out-of-the-norm conditions on any product and communicate to management; make recommendations for solution.
- Evaluate inventory and the reliability of the supply chain flow for approval of Ad Notice, promotional requests and customer projections to ensure customer satisfaction and product availability.
- Recommend excess inventory items to be added to the Hot Buys; develop a plan and make recommendations for closing out remaining inventory; identify when a discontinued item should be coded as a liquidation item.
- Review inventory reports and make requests and recommendations to improve inventory levels; review selling ratios for balancing sets.
- Monitor production capacity versus demand and on-time delivery utilizing various reports.
Ashley Furniture Industries is the largest furniture manufacturer in the United States and one of the largest in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry’s broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries. From design through fulfillment, Ashley continuously strives to provide our customer with the best values, selection and service in the furniture industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.